NEW Eurobike Launch!
Delivery: As of Q4 2021 (see details below). 15% discount for early bird pre-orders.
A fit like no other: The A1 shoe adapts its length and shape to fit your foot precisely, with a superbly minimalist single dial. The A1 shoes' patented heel closure system offers a custom-level shoe fit at off-the-shelf value. Imagine a next-generation “shrink wrap” closure that gently yet firmly envelops your foot from above, the sides, and behind, and you get the idea.
The 5 things you need to know about A1 shoes:
They're simple: One minimalist dial. A rock-solid, shrink-wrap fit.
- They're Light: 230g glass reinforced poly sole, 190g in carbon, size 43.
- They're Aero: Have you seen these things?
- Off-the-shelf price with off-the-charts comfort: You'll get a snug, comfy fit with no heel slip or inside foot float. Lintaman expands the shoes' mechanical closure system from just the vamp (the classic closure zone over the top front of a shoe), to around the back as well. This holds your foot snugly from the top and from the heel. Whether you have normal, thin or fat feet, high or low arches, high or low bridge, summer or winter socks; The answer is yes - They fit really well. The bonus: you gain a loafer-like, comfy toe box.
- They adjust to your exact foot length & heel angle, with an exclusive heel cup that customizes the shoe for your foot. This allows one shoe to offer;
(Read more about how to achieve each fit type and how to chose your size, below)
Insole Combo deal: Our A-series shoes ship with our set-shape, standard ergonomic insoles. If you're looking for the ultimate Lintaman fit; contoured from both above-and-below, we have good news for you! Shoe buyers receive an automatic 20% discount on Adapt V2 insole upgrades at checkout. (This insole discount won't combine with other discount codes. Insoles must ship with shoes to qualify).
See what GCN had to say.
About the A1 and our upgrade (additional purchase) Adapt insole.
How it works - Create the fit you need on each ride.
The Adjust 1’s ratcheting heel dial tightens uniformly across the shoe to offer a 3-dimensional fit;
- The patented heel cup adjusts the shoe's length and heel grasp angle. You set the heel cup to your desired length and angle and set it in place inside the shoe with its velcro-lined lateral arms.
- You then tighten the single heel dial, which offers closing tension around the heel as well as reaching around to the classic closure zone over the top and front of the shoe.
- This above-and-behind cable tensioning system offers a slip-free hold on your foot with exceptional comfort and allows for a relaxed loose-fit toebox.
- The large surface area instep straps (on the area above the foot) are pulled tight through their 2 cable loops. These comfortable, flexible straps ensure a large surface area carries closing tension, giving a silky smooth and sturdy hold across your full instep. They also eliminate cable pressure lines common to dial shoes.
The broad adjustability of these shoes ensures an exceptional fit every ride; accounting for thick or thin socks, and use with or without Lintaman Adapt (or other customs) insoles. The A1 closure system easily reconciles for natural variations in left and right foot sizes, easily adapting to a range of shapes and sizes far beyond a standard shoes' closure capacity. This ensures a perfectly balanced connection to your bike for both feet.
What size do I choose?
Keep things simple. These shoes will fit your foot length perfectly. So chose by your width and these simple points:
- If you know your shoe size and shoes generally fit you well, just order your shoe size!
- If your shoes tend to be too wide, order one size smaller.
- If your shoes tend to be too thin, order one size larger.
- If you want to know for sure how your foot length/with sizes in a lintaman, see the table below.
- Soles: Carbon (3 bolt road), Poly/Glass Road (3 bolt road + SPD) and MTB (SPD)
- Upper: Microfibre and Mesh. MTB with armoured toe area. Reflective elements in the lower heel.
- Heel: Adaptable position and angle upper heel.
- Dial: Atop twist-back release micro-adjustable dial.
- Insole: Standard lintaman Ergonomic insole with arch + meta coutouring
- Colours: Poly/glass road & MTB: Matte black only. Carbon Road: Matte black or Smooth white.
- Weights: (size 43): Road Carbon size ~190g, Road poly/glass ~230g, MTB TBD.
Dating and further details
Note: Photos are of production samples. In-production units will be more "dialled"
- Road poly/glass shoes are expected end of November 2021.
- Road Carbon shoes and MTB shoes are expected end of December 2021 to early January 2022.
- The cable stop will be a neat entry line disappearing into the shoe; not the cable guide element photographed here.
- All Production shoes will feature Twist-back micro-adjust dials. These dials are specifically advantageous to this design, preventing any possible heel brushing or clipping from releasing your cable tension like pull-up dials might.
- Expect a few other small visual changes may be visible in the final production units.